Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/spotli01/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 383
Spotlight Little Speakers for Early Years
Pre-schoolers, Reception and Year 1 children are invited to try this new class dedicated to the 'early years' called Spotlight Little Speakers
This fun and friendly lesson is designed to
develop confidence, improve communication & promote clear speech
Every class is different and is tailored to suit the needs of the group. A typical lesson includes:
- introducing ourselves
- miming, improvisation and characterisation using a set theme
- drama games and imaginative, creative play using puppets and props
- standing and breathing correctly
- enunciation work including how vowel and consonant sounds should be spoken (sometimes referred to as elocution lessons)
- reading or reciting aloud in front of a small group
- examination preparation where applicable if parents are interested in their children taking part from a very young age
Pupils leave their Spotlight lesson feeling energised and full of life. They exercise their voices, bodies and imaginations and above all they will feel good about themselves!
Lessons cost £7.50 for a 45 minute session, the first is a free trial and after that children can join for a minimum of a half term (usually 6 weeks). Fees are payable in half term blocks at the start of term and if there is availability, children can join at any point during the term.